iOS 3.1 Ipod Touch 3.3.1 Repeating Album Problem?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by duece5, Oct 9, 2009.

1. duece5

duece5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was wondering is this a new feature in 3.3.1 or is this a problem. But anyway in the albums tab in my music, for every song that has an artist feat. another artist, it shows the album again but with every song in that album. So it repeats the album over and over. In the other firmwares it only showed the album once. Is this a problem? or is this a new feature? Here's a pic:

Attached Files:

2. Rich246

Rich246 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I had this issue with my 64gb 3g... I discovered that some of the albums were not named the same.. let me try to explain...

Album 1 was called " abc"
    Album 2 was called" ABC"
    Album 3 was called "Abc"

Hopefully you see what I am saying, some have capital letters and some don't, iTunes seems to not realize that its the same artist/album... make sure that theyre all THE EXACT same lettering... If that does not fix it let me know, and I'll try to help some more...

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: When you have "feat" it will repeat... you need to take that out... that kinda pissed me off too... If I find a way on how to get the "feat" in I will let you know, but for know, just make sure all the albums are named exactly the same
  3. thunderstruck7

thunderstruck7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    first, it's 3.1.1 not 3.3.1. it is a new feature, mine does the same thing. if you want it to look more organized, add "feat. <artist name here>" into the song name rather than part of the artist.
  4. Rich246

Rich246 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    duece5, Another option you have is to put "feat" after the song name like this "song 123 Ft. second artist"... right click the song in iTunes and go to info, and change the "name" section at the top
  5. duece5

duece5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Rich246: the album is named exactly the same thing on every song but it still does it

thunderstruck7: yea i kno sorry i made a typo but you say its a new feature in 3.1.1 and rich says its a problem. which one is it lol?
  6. Rich246

Rich246 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If you want the feat... putting it in the name is the only option for now... as opposed to putting it in the album...
  7. duece5

duece5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok but is this a new feature or a problem?
  8. duece5

duece5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    an it doesnt do it on all of my albums just select ones. i have other albums with feat. in the artist name but its all in one album like it should be. Here's a pic of it:

Attached Files:

9. Rich246

Rich246 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I don't know if its a new feature or not, but when I called Apple about it they had no idea either way... I just gave up and fixed it all..
  10. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Right click the songs in itunes go to info then change the number of songs in the alnum.