ipod touch 3.1.3 jailbreak 2g

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xXwhygodwhyXx, Jun 1, 2010.

1. xXwhygodwhyXx

xXwhygodwhyXx New Member

I have a MC 2g itouch with 3.1.3 fw and been trying to jailbreak it with redsnow and ive been stuck at the reboot. The only redsnow version i can use is .0.9.2 for my type of itouch. The only itouch firmware i can put in is 3.0, if i tried any other firmware i would get unable to recognize IPSW. I notice when i get into step 3 for dfu mode would only take about 10 seconds instead of 30 then start installing. I am also running windows 7 on my machine. Ive been on this thing for 2 days now please help, ive looked at thousands of tutorials and they all say the samething.

Ive so far done:

Run as administrator
    make sure itunes is off
    make sure itunes is on
    switch usb ports
    unplug device and plug in
    Hold power button
    Hold home
    Go into safe mode internet
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay. So if you definitely want to use Redsn0w, then I can't really help you much because I don't know much about using Redsn0w. But if you don't really care about what jailbreak program you use as long as it gives your device an untethered jailbreak, then I recommend using a jailbreak software called Spirit. This program is one of the easiest jailbreak programs ever and you can be on firmware 3.1.3 without any problems. I don't know if Redsn0w is able to jailbreak a device that is on firmware 3.1.3. That may be your problem. So just go to http://www.spiritjb.com and download the Spirit application. You can also search an easy tutorial on this eaither on YouTube or this website too. Well, I hope this was helpful!
  3. xXwhygodwhyXx

xXwhygodwhyXx New Member

holy f***ing sh*t it worked. Thank you so much.