Ipod touch 3.0 video out issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by newipodforson, Jul 5, 2009.

1. newipodforson

newipodforson New Member

I recently installed 3.0 and I cannot playback movies to video monitor with accessory cable. Checked cable and cable ok. Brought into Apple store and after checking out connection and settings, determined SW fix needed. Suggested I wait for 3.1 update. Anyone else having same problem and is there a fix now?
  2. VinceW

VinceW New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    video problems

newipodforson wrote;

I recently installed 3.0 and I cannot playback movies to video monitor with accessory cable. Checked cable and cable ok. Brought into Apple store and after checking out connection and settings, determined SW fix needed. Suggested I wait for 3.1 update. Anyone else having same problem and is there a fix now?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem is with the slide show. Here is what I learned after visiting the Apple service center. You can only start a slide show from the album screen and without doing anything else, press the arrow at the bottom. This starts the slide show at the first slide. If you stop the show anywhere, the only way you can continue is by manually advancing the slides because the show will not continue automatically. The apple guys also said that a SW fix was needed to rectify that problem. With 2.2 you could start the slide show anywhere in the album and also start - pause - and stop anywhere in the show. I hope 3.1 fixes this problem.