iPod Touch 2nd Generation: Music won't play!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iAwesome, Jun 5, 2010.

1. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello!

I have an iPod Touch 2G 16gb, and for about two weeks ago I dropped it into the toilet. I took it up immediately, and tried to dry it with a hairdryer. Then I left it to dry for about three days, and it worked after that - amazingly! The touchscreen worked, I could move around on the homescreen, open up the calculator, settings and so on, but when I tried to play music it just stopped immediately. I pressed the play-button again, but nothing happened.

I've tried to restore it a few times, tried to sync my songs many times and I've even tried to sync it with another pc with other songs, but the same problem still occurs.

What to do? :-(
  2. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Maybe the speakers have just got drained by the water.

Try using Headphones.
  3. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know. I have tried headphones too, both SkullCandy and Koss PortaPro. I have tried to use speakers and i have even tried to use it in the car. Nothing works. :-|
  4. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    question is, what was it doing in the bathroom. image viewing device maybe? lol and anyways for your problem, just try a range of different things including hard reset, DFU restore, anything you can think of.
  5. Bryannapoleone

Bryannapoleone New Member

SamE

I have a iPod touch 2G also and recently my music won't play. I restored it and the music sill won't play. Like for me it says the music is paused. And everytime I click play it flickers but still says it's paused. It's like the button won't work. I'm hoping I have my warrenty then I will send it in unless you guys help me out. I also cleared all the settings back to default and nothing seems to work.
  6. piwipod

piwipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @Bryannapoleone
    If your music is pausing automatically when ever you start it then it might be that (if you got water into it) the water is making contact with the touch screen from underneath where the play button is on the lcd screen.

Similar things happened to me so I opened my iPod Touch 2G, wiped the touch screen, and put it back together.

@iawesome, something probably shorted out or still is being shorted out (speakers and headphones maybe?) You can try taking your iPod Touch 2G apart and drying it with a blow dry or whatever you want to use.

This is just what I would do if I was in this situation, I don't see where else the problem would be.
  7. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How am I supposed to manage to open up my iPod? I can risk breaking it, and that wouldn't be fun. Do you have any suggestions? A guide or something, maybe? haha