Ipod touch 2nd generation jailbreak HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laxplayer201, Feb 10, 2009.

1. laxplayer201

laxplayer201 New Member

I have been searching around the internet for 3 hours and trying different windows vista tuts. When i try them in the directions it says to download libusb and extract it. And when im done downloadin it says if i dont press f8 or something like that i can get the BSOD, and i dont want to take that risk casue this is like a $2,000 computer. Can anyone give me a link to a tut. that doesnt f*** up my computer.

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S.

when is the tetherd jailbreak coming out??
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lol, the tethered jb is out. Now for your problem. Run libusb on windows XP compatibility mode. It will not give you BSOD. And the BSOD doesn't damage your computer, only the OS so calm down.
  3. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I second that.. no worries. BSOD will NOT hurt your PC.

Are we talking Vista 32 or 64? if 32 then do as freemini says, right click the libUSB installer and set it to Win XP SP2 compatibility

if x64, you have to do the F8 boot. OR install it (xp mode) but be sure to Uninstall before you shut down

I did this (I have Vista 64) - had a spare HD sitting around, so I loaded XP on it to do all this stuff. If you want to do this, here is the BEST way to make it a dual boot.
    Put the second drive in, and UNPLUG the Vista Drive. Install XP etc, do all the updates needed etc. Then shutdown and plug the Vista Drive back in. When booting imediately press F8 (During bios logo) you will be given a choice of which drive to boot to, pic the XP drive.. tada.
    if you dont press F8 it will boot to vista like normal