Ipod Touch 2nd generation help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tk8322, Jun 21, 2009.

1. tk8322

tk8322 New Member

Hey everyone!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2 days ago i purchased an ipod touch 2nd generation. i am totally aware that it is rumored a new one is coming soon, but i reely dont care i love the one i have now! i bought the 8 GB model. today i was on itunes and i noticed my ipod touch takes up 7 GB capacity. i looked at my memory and it only has 7 GB. another thing is the battery. yesterday i needed to fully charge my ipod touch 2 times and i only listened to music and played some games for no longer than 2 hours between charges. is this normal?? should i return it and get a new one? or is it supposed to have 7 GB capacity and a terrible battery life??

thanks for the help
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, it depends on what games you were playing. Some games totally kill your battery and others hardly kill it at all.
  3. thomasevz

thomasevz Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah when u get the ipod it always has about a gb of what they tell u u get cause of the firmware taking up about a gb .
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    my 16 gb was 15 gb when i had it
  4. BlackjackGT

BlackjackGT New Member

Yeah my 16GB Touch G2 has maybe 14.92GB usable after I bought and installed the 3.0 firmware upgrade. I wouldn't recommend the 8GB model, I've only had mine 2 days and I've already used up about 8GB of space.

Apple and some other sites have some tips on prolonging battery life:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html
    *Easiest tip there, perhaps, is to turn off the Touch's Wi-Fi if you're not using it.

Charge cycle's explained here:
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/

They have some notes that extreme temperatures, among other things can affect capacity. Some of this is in the teeny, weeny "product information guide" in the Touch 2G packaging but the print is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it.

It's all voodoo to me. I wish the battery manufacturers would find a way to make lithium-ion stuff work without needing to be an engineer to understand how to get the best life/capacity out of them.

I wonder if there's "an app for that."