Ipod touch 2nd generation bottom right corner Creaking sound?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karamtheman, Jun 20, 2009.

1. karamtheman

karamtheman New Member

I bought my ipod touch 16 gb 2nd generation, after using it i noticed that the wake/sleep button was not working anymore... so i sent it to apple and i got a new ipod touch. I have been using the new one for about less than a week and today i noticed that when I apply little pressure to the bottom right corner, i hear a creaking sound.... Is this normal? If i request a repair, will apple fix this problem by giving me a new one? Has anyone else experience this problem.... thnx in advance and please tell me what I should do as I am really scared because i luv my itouch so much.....
  2. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No mine does not creak. And i hope you are aware that they really don't give you a new ipod when u send it back they give you a refurbished one.
  3. karamtheman

karamtheman New Member

How long have you been using urs? and What do you think i should do? SHould i return it to them and get a refurbished one?
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have had mine since march, maybe you should cause the creaking knows might be that it is weak on that side and it mite break, it is all up to you though.
  5. beaugold

beaugold New Member

Gosh! Mine also has the creaking at the exact same spot described! Though i'm quite reluctant to send it back... or lazy i mean...
  6. karamtheman

karamtheman New Member

beaugold - Is ur device still under warranty? Mines is and I am not going 2 be lazy and return it to them but should i go to an apple store or return it using the online service? And Why do you think we have this problem? I have read that it is because if u use the speakers on high volume them things will move in the ipod but i do not believe that as apple should of be prepared for this problrm... reply back beaugold
  7. kewlgreen

kewlgreen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine did the same thing, but it is fine now after use

maybe it just needs to be worked in
  8. mastermatt63

mastermatt63 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yea mine did that while it was new, but it just needs to be worn in
  9. karamtheman

karamtheman New Member

kewlgreen - After how many days/months of use did the creaking stop? and what do you mean by worked in? DO you think i should go to apple and get a new/refurbished one? or should i wait like you for the creak to go? but i do not want to wait because the more i use it, the louder the creak is getting and it is really buggin me when i play tap tap because that is how i noticed since the 3rd place on the right on tap tap began to creak and that is how i noticed it... Please reply back and tell me what i should do as i am new to this.... Thnx
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    kewlgreen - After how many days/months of use did the creaking stop? and what do you mean by worked in? DO you think i should go to apple and get a new/refurbished one? or should i wait like you for the creak to go? but i do not want to wait because the more i use it, the louder the creak is getting and it is really buggin me when i play tap tap because that is how i noticed since the 3rd place on the right on tap tap began to creak and that is how i noticed it... Please reply back and tell me what i should do as i am new to this.... Thnx
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sooks0711 - After how many days/months of use did the creaking stop? and what do you mean by worked in? DO you think i should go to apple and get a new/refurbished one? or should i wait like you for the creak to go? but i do not want to wait because the more i use it, the louder the creak is getting and it is really buggin me when i play tap tap because that is how i noticed since the 3rd place on the right on tap tap began to creak and that is how i noticed it... Please reply back and tell me what i should do as i am new to this.... Thnx
  10. antonelc

antonelc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea mine does it too I have had it since November. This is a common problem but it is not a big deal at all. I am not going to trade my good iPod for a scrached up refurbished one because of a slightly loose corner