Ipod Touch 2nd generation black album art issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joey12, Dec 30, 2008.

1. joey12

joey12 New Member

I'm having another issue with my ipod touch 2nd generation 16 gb pertaining to the display of album artwork in coverflow and the vertical album list on my ipod.

just to give you an example, i ripped a dave matthews band cd to my itunes music library, found the artwork, and pasted it to every song in that album. then i synced the album to my ipod touch. in about a day i started having problems when i looked through cover flow or was just scrolling through the vertical list of albums. most of the album artwork was displayed correctly, but some albums (like my dave matthews band one) showed up as a a blank, black square. sometimes when i click on a song from one of those blank albums, the song plays and the album artwork is displayed on the screen fine. it doesnt make sense. I called apple support and the guy had no idea what i was talking about. he figured i didn't know how to find album artwork via itunes at all, which i do. i've heard about a few other ppl having this same problem. let me know if anyone finds any fixes or info about this problem

-thanks
  2. anc96

anc96 New Member

I had that problem yesterday with Now 71 Disc 2, when I synced it with iTunes, the artwork came back

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Raven1469

Raven1469 New Member

Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to delete it from my itunes music library then add it back, get the artwork, then sync again.

Hope that helps
  4. joey12

joey12 New Member

well before i only tried removing it from my ipod and resyncing. maybe i ought to try wiping those albums from my itunes libary and then adding them again? that's an idea at least. the only thing im worried about is that it will come back again within a few hours or days. but anyways, woudl you reccommending using itunes or like amazon.com to get album art? maybe that would make somewhat of a difference.
  5. caca3221

caca3221 New Member

6. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YOU DON'T NEED TO DELETE THEM FROM ITUNES. NEEDLESS STEP THAT WASTES TIME.

All you have to do is delete them from your iPod, update the artwork manually in iTunes, then re-sync the album, and all should be well. You may only have to re-sync, but I'd update the artwork just to be safe and save yourself some time. I already had this problem when I had a 2g.
  7. dsfindlay

dsfindlay New Member

One thing I found was, if you've changed song information (via Get Info) and made a song part of an existing album, that individual song will be listed properly but doesn't inherit the artwork!

I guess album art is actually assigned to each song, rather than an inherited trait based on album? Weird. Make sure you go through your iTunes list and see that each SONG in an album displays the artwork when highlighted.
  8. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I find the easiest way to do this is to just merely highlight all the songs and update the artwork if you feel that maybe each song doesn't have it. Of course, I like to save time, so I just do things weird.