Ipod Touch 2nd Gen Screen Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flexiking, Oct 28, 2010.

1. flexiking

flexiking New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so was hoping someone will help me!

I just went on holiday and half way through the Ipod went into the annoying "plug me into itunes" mode. Anyways, I got back home and did that but although the software was restored and updated to the latest version the touch screen would not work.

Me being me, I decided that I'd take the thing apart and spent a few minutes cleaning out bits of dirt and sand that had found it's way in.

Whilst in pieces I decided to order a new digitizer as mine was a bit scratched and so on.

I'm still waiting for the digitizer to arrive, but my lcd screen is playing up. If you switch the thing on, instead of a black background with a white apple logo, you get a white background with a black apple logo. Also when it boots I get everything on a white background.

Any ideas??

2. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Jun 27, 2009
    We're not the hard-modding type here. Apple hates the idea of hardmodding, that's why it doesn't open

Please Register or Log in to view images

You very well could have done more harm than good.

You COULD try DFU -> Restore and hope it's a software issues. There's also an app to fix broke pixels but if the colours are opposite what they should be, I'm not sure how much software can help.
  3. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I agree, Taking apart your ipod is never a good idea unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing.