ipod touch 2nd gen question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by notrubskwah, Aug 30, 2010.

1. notrubskwah

notrubskwah New Member

Ok, here is the deal, and i would like to try anything to fix it(just about). I bought a 8 gig ipod touch 2nd gen from ebay for $35, i have put a new screen in it and touch screen, now i can see whats going on with this thing. so what it does that is confusing me is when i power it on, i have a picture of earth, the screen is saying itunes is disabled, it is showing that it is locked and says to connect to itunes. so i hook it to the computer and it says i need to put the password into the ipod, dont have the password and cant get it, either way the ipod doesnt give me the option to do that. i was going to try to do a restore but the on/off button doesnt seem to be working as in i cannot get the ipod to shut off without draining the battery, i can press it and hold it, and it doesnt do anything so i was wondering if maybe i need to buy the power flex strip and volume since its all in one, tell me if you think thats correct. but what i really wanted to know is there a way i can unlock this thing without the power button working, the touch isnt responding either i guess because its locked, any thoughts would be great. thanks in advance.
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea, sounds like you just need to get those buttons sorted and you'll be able to dfu mode, restore, and use it.
  3. notrubskwah

notrubskwah New Member

thanks for the help, thats kind of what i figured, its crazy how much the ribbon cable for the power button and volume strip is, i am looking at about $16 from ebay, trying to save money by fixing my own ipod, maybe i will maybe i wont. thanks though