iPod Touch 2nd Gen or 1st Gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by huareu, Mar 3, 2009.

?

1st Gen with Darthpod or 2nd Gen with case?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2009.
  1. 1st Gen with Darthpod

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. 2nd Gen with Case and better earbuds

31 vote(s)
    88.6%
  1. huareu

huareu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a little problem. I am going to get a new iPod Touch (ughh... i hate it when people say iPot or iTouch. It's the IPOD TOUCH!!) for my Birthday and I need help with a decision. I can't decide between a 32gb 1st Generation and then get a darthpod, or get a 16gb 2nd Generation with some better earbuds and a case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What do you guys think I should get.

BTW, I honestly don't care about the jailbreaking process, whether its tethered, semi-tethered, or untethered. I don't mind a tether/semi-tethered JB, so don't tell me, "OMG, u should totally get the 1g because u can get the untethered jb. It's SOOOOO much better!!!!"
  2. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    2nd gen, faster speed, speakers, and more accessories for it then the 1st gen. =]
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i'd go with the iPod Touch 2G. i got bored of my iPod Touch 1G within a week since there was no external speakers. then i bought a 2G iPod Touch, and i really like it (i gave the 1G to my lil bro).
  4. huareu

huareu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's what I was thinking, but my mom is Asian, and you know how they are

Please Register or Log in to view images

, and I kinda want more memory, because 16gb isn't really enough for all the movies, music, and apps that I have/ am getting. I also sorta want the Darthpod because it looks cool.
    The 2nd Gen is better though in other ways, such as battery life, processing power, etc... So I'm trying to decide between a better system or more storage capacity.
  5. 93bh

93bh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I choose the 1G iPod touch because the hardware design looks better than 2G iPod touch.
    I don't mind about the internal speaker, I bought the mini Lego speaker for my iPod. The sound is way louder than the internal speaker. I tested with my friend's 2G iPod touch.

Also the apps are more faster in 2G than 1G.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want a jailbreak, go with the first-gen. No tethering, semi-tethering, or "run rs" sh*t to worry about. Just plug in, QuickPwn, and go.
  7. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    2G m8! If you don't care about the JB, then get the 2G. I wonder how my friends with 1G's actually live without speakers lol.
  8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

2G, much better hardware, 1G much better jailbreak.

It depends on what you're looking for.
  9. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Very easily. That's kind of what headphones are for.
  10. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

in all honesty your prolly gonna want a case no matter what, so the whole darthpod thing is going to serve no purpose if you have a case, and plus the 2G is pretty much better in every way imaginable, i personally think the buttons are better, the volume rocker, the speakers, the mic compatibility, the curved backing, the faster processor, i think its a no brainer but its still up to you, but if you do go with the 2G i suggest the incase slider, i've had 4 very different cases and its personally my favorite by a long shot