iPod Touch 2nd Gen Not Recharging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goroke, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Goroke

Goroke New Member

I haven't got the chance to use my iPod Touch 2nd gen for at least a good 2 month and a half, not even taking the time to recharge it and stuff.

It didn't turn on at first, which was expected, but when I plugged it into my computer to recharge, there was something strange going on. First it had the usual battery icon with a lightning bolt sign under it and then it changed to the silver apple icon then to the normal ipod. It was fine, but I realized that the ipod wasn't getting any sort of power into it and hasn't charged at all.

If I leave it alone, it can go on for a while (Possibly 30 minutes before I start doing something with it), but as soon as I try to look around the setting, it shuts down and starts the process that I mentioned before all the way. It obviously means that the power is getting in, but not charging the battery at all. I tried to use the wall outlet and the same result occured...

I really don't want to see this as a bad battery case. The battery was perfectly fine the last time I used it two months ago. I'd really appreciate your help.
  2. jain.shardul

jain.shardul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    which firmware are you using?