iPod touch 2nd gen case (case mate clear armor)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rugox, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rugox

rugox New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,

I was looking for a film type of protection because I don't want a silicone case or some rubber sh*t that goes on my ipod and makes it look all fat and ugly.

I came across the Clear Armor Case mate ipod touch 2nd gen protectors.
    http://www.case-mate.com/ipod/2nd-Generation-iPod-Touch/Clear-Armor-2G-iPod-Touch

Now, it covers the whole thing, front and back and I like that because the back silver part is really scratch prone. And it maintains the look and shape of the itouch. But, if you watch the installation clip, it's very tedious, you gotta apply an application solution, get the air bubble out etc.

I want to know if anyone here used this case and what their opinion is? Like, wouldn't the solution and the case affect the wi fi antenna? Also would appreciate if they comment on the degree of difficulty on the installation.
  2. loserxprod

loserxprod New Member

If you have never applied one of these things, then the first time takes time.
    I have used 3 other types of "clear shields": InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz, and BestSkinsEver. BodyGuardz had the best coverage and clearness. (It's $25 for two, so about $12.50 each) BestSkinsEver is less than $10 but the clearness isn't the best and the coverage isn't all of it as well.. (but it's pretty darn good). My favorite was BodyGuardz (which is currently on my iPod Touch 2g).

Don't worry about the solution, it dries so it shouldn't affect anything.
  3. JazziePhay77

JazziePhay77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch