Ipod Touch 2nd gen App loading problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spectrum8, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Spectrum8

Spectrum8 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch with the latest firmware and it can't load any apps for some reason. Evertime i click to open a downloaded app (not the pre-loaded apps) it will get into it for a second then go back to the home page. I've seen this problem before on a different ipod but i don't know how to fix it. Any help?
  2. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

just install any free app and all the apps should work and be back to normal!
  3. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

Did you switch computers after synching with one? If so you need to authorize the computer your currently using in iTunes.
  4. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try restarting, and then deleting an app and then reinstalling it. If you have specific apps that don't work, you can reinstall those too. That should fix it. I really hope this bug gets fixed in the next update. This is starting to happen more frequently, and there's no permanent way to fix it.
  5. fretslider

fretslider New Member

Worked for me - cheers.
  6. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it doesn't work for me
  7. lassante

lassante New Member

Same problem, radical solution

I ended up doing a total "restore" of my iPod Touch 2nd Gen to deal with this problem. Nothing less severe worked. I have now restored a minimal number of free apps (all from established "safe" websites like facebook, etc) and so far, so good. I am a new iPod user and am frankly surprised that Apple would allow this. Their reputation would suggest otherwise. I now plan on using very few outside free apps until I hear this is resolved. Oh well.