Ipod Touch 2nd Gen - 16gig - NOT Restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zantikK, Oct 19, 2009.

1. zantikK

zantikK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

THE STORY:

I own a 16GB 2nd gen iPod Touch, which I purchased around 1-2 months ago. I was on the train today and suddenly my music stopped playing, so I clicked the Home button to turn my ipod off standby and typed in my code and then my iPod screen went black. It showed the apple icon then the picture with the USB cable pointing to iTunes. I thought it was just a minor glitch, and rebooted it a few times and I finally got it working after about 20 minutes.

THE PROBLEM:

This happened twice today and now I can no longer turn it back on without getting the USB/iTunes image. I've tried restoring, but to no luck. I've downloaded the latest *free* OS (2.2.1) and I've tried restoring it with that but it gets to the point where I got a loading screen on my iPod, and its full on my iPod but iTunes isn't doing anything and it just says "Waiting for iPod...". I've left it for hours and nothing has happened.

Any ideas? It's still under warranty, so iff I cant get a quick fix I guess I'll send it to Apple. I'd prefer not to spend a week without my iPod though.

Cheers.
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try putting it into DFU mode.