iPod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShAdY_rEcOrDsS, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know it's a bit late but... I have an iPod touch 2g... (I live in chile btw) which died with the earthquake, (with die I mean the screen is broken, recognizable by pc) I know it's been some time since but, is it worth taking it to apple so they can fix it if it's fixeable?
  2. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you have warrenty under apple then I would say yes, if not you can get it fixed with various companies for about $100. Just google them. (Before going with any companies to do it though reviews to make sure they're legit and not only in the U.S.)
  3. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    err the iPod is like 2 years old... or 1 year old, I can't remember :S
    well... I hope is under warranty... but, can I upgrade it to iOS 4.0 (since I was stuck with 3.0)?
  4. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If its a 2nd Generation then yes, all you have to do is plug it into itunes and when the iPod shows up it should say there is a new update avalible for your iPod and you press download and install. After backing up and everything it should take about an hour all together. If a 2nd generation it won't have the homescreen wallpaper or multitasking. Also all your music will be dumped off the iPod. But it can upgrade to iOS 4.0. Hope this helped