iPod touch 2G wont update to 3.0! "error message 2"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by mascart, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all,

Last thursday i purchased the 3.0 firmware from Apple. I tried to update my iPod but every time the update finished, after it said "verifying restore" a message pops up saying "cannot update iPod (username) because of an unkown error. error message (2)".

I have tried restoring, upgrading, i tried different USB ports and 2 computers. I tried jailbreaking 2.2.1 then updating/and then restoring and still i get this message pop up.

Its been bugging me for days now and i have had no reply from Apple yet and i dont think im going to get one.

I'd really appreciate any help from anyone who has had the same problem or a similar one.

If this is unfixable, should i just wait for a 3.0.1 (as it seems iminent...so many problems!) rather than have a hissy fit?

Anyone? Thanks,

Al
  2. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hmmm do you got latest itunes 8.2 (i think it is)... n maybe try goin into dfu mode and shift click and update to 3.0 by browsing for the firmware itunes downloaded?
  3. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yep, I'm on 8.2 and I've tried DFU literally hundreds of times.
    Thanks but, any more advice?
  4. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i just seen on another site, someone has the exact same problems as you. he already tried other ipod touchs to upgrade..and got same error..

so that makes me think about the firmware on your computer...im woundering if maybe the firmware got corrupted while it downloaded or something?
  5. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, but I've already tried downloading and updating tto other copies of 3.0 from 3rd party websites. I still get the same message.