Ipod Touch 2g won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Moo4487, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Moo4487

Moo4487 New Member

The other day I brought my ipod touch 2g into the bathroom to listen to some music on my speakers like I occasionally do. Since the battery was low I charged it after I got out and it started to act a little weird, stuff like randomly turning on and off and the volume having a mind of its own. It stopped after a few minutes and when I went to grab it a few hours later, it wouldn't turn on. I've tried DFU mode, both manual and software based, and just about everything else under the sun. This is kind of a last ditch effort to see if there is any hope that I might salvage my ipod. It is jailbroken, btw, and out of warranty.
  2. Jpon9

Jpon9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's a list of things I would do:

1: Hold the "Power/Sleep" button for 3 seconds and slide the red slider to shut off the iPod for about 30 seconds then hold the Power button again for 3 seconds to turn it back on.

2: Try syncing it. I'm new to the "Jailbreaking" thing and I don't know if Apple will catch you for doing it if you sync, so look into that...

3: Have any smart 'nerd' friends at school or at work? Ask them. If you've tried all of these already PM me and we can talk about it.