iPod Touch 2G won't turn on after 3.0 jailbreak, please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by dmrphy03, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dmrphy03

dmrphy03 New Member

Ok, heres what happened...I took a fresh copy of 3.0 and restored the iPod with it. Everything went fine and worked great. I then used redsn0w to jailbreak it. It went through all of the steps and acted as if everything was successful, but when it went to reboot it never came back on. I have tried plugging it in to the wall for a while to let it charge, ive tried plugging it in to the computer and i have tried putting it into DFU mode (while in itunes also), nothing has worked. The screen is completely blank and i cant get any kind of response from it. I know this was a problem back when jailbreaking 2.2.1 and people were having to use DFU Helpers or something called rslite through terminal. Has anyone seen this problem with 3.0? If so, any ideas on what I can do to reboot this thing? I'm getting a little worried after everything I have tried, but I'm not gonna give up just yet seeing as this was a problem in the past and they found a solution. Thank you so much in advance for any help or suggestions you may offer, I truly appreciate it!

PS - I am using a Mac Mini (Intel) with OS 10.5.7 in case it matters.
  2. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First things first, you have to try to get to a stock firmware. You need to get to DFU mode to do this. In order to do that, you first need plug in your iPod to USB, hold power and home for 10 seconds, then release power while still holding home until you hear the USB connect sound in Windows. After that, restore to a stock firmware in iTunes. Once you get that far, tell us and we'll help you further.
  3. dmrphy03

dmrphy03 New Member

Thanks for the input, but as I stated above I have tried to put it into DFU Mode while being connected to iTunes and without being connected. The iPod is being completely unresponsive to this. Any other suggestions or ideas?
  4. iRip93

iRip93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont think that your ipod is bricked... just try this:

-hold home+power button for at least 20 seconds
    -hold home+power button for 10 seconds
    -hold home button for 10 seconds

adter this your ipod should be in dfu and you can restore with itunes!
  5. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you extract the redsn0w zip file? It wont work right if its not. You can just DFU and do the redsn)w process again instead of restoring to 3.0.
  6. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ipod is not bricked
  7. dmrphy03

dmrphy03 New Member

I'm not sure if I'm not saying it correctly or what, but I have tried many times to put the iPod into DFU mode and its not responding. I am very familiar with DFU mode and how to do it, but the device isnt responding to the DFU mode process at all. Any other things I can try? DFU Helper or anything? Thanks again for all of the input!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yes, the redsn0w file had to be extracted in order to run it and jailbreak the phone, but thanks for the suggestion!
  8. pjrulez312

pjrulez312 New Member

i have the exact same problem!!!! but i finally found a way to cure this like a minute ago!!! im so happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

okay pretty much, go back to your redsn0w.exe, then re-run the jailbreak. according to redsn0w, it will all ready be in DFU mode so no need for setting that. then, just complete the exact same setup- except- DO NOT REMOVE THE IPOD FROM THE CABLE OR DISCONNECT THE USB!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!

then if all goes correctly, the apple logo should pop up right after the pinapple thingy. still leave it connected to pc and then start up screen should pop up. then go to itunes, it will detect it and set it up

hope i was help b/c i had the exact same thing and relieved its finally done. hope you feel like i did

9. jpjp507

jpjp507 New Member

i try this solution, but that don't work. My ipod don't boot and it is not in dfu.

10. LukeHitson

LukeHitson New Member

Thank you...

I was frantic about my brand new ipod touch being bricked. but re-running redsnow fixed it all. Thank you so much!

Oh... and I had to unplug the usb cord and plug it into another port for the computer to see the ipod in dfu. Hope that helps.