iPod Touch 2g won't restore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xdyldogx, Sep 21, 2010.

1. xdyldogx

xdyldogx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I didn't see another thread that had the same problem as me, so I made my own =).

Today I decided to restore / upgrade to 4.1 and wait for the jailbreak later this week. So I hit restore in iTunes and it asks if I want to restore and update. So I hit yes. Here is where the trouble starts, at first I was getting different errors until I finally got my iPod into Recovery mode. Now, when I hit restore to upgrade to 4.1, it starts its thing, the bar moves all the way until the very end, and then it pauses. I did have Tiny Umbrella set up for something else a little bit back if that may be the cause. Here is a screenshot (sucky quality, took with my phone)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    DO you have Wifi sync?

And Try DFU mode.
  3. xdyldogx

xdyldogx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ah! Wi-Fi sync! That little app has caused me so much problems. I just un-installed it. If this doesn't work, I will take your advice by restoring through DFU mode.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, it restored and I'm now running 4.1! Thanks for that recommendation. Wi-Fi sync caused this problem and another problem where I was unable to sync with the usb cable.

Thanks for the help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

If you cant see a thread with this question, you have to be blind!