iPod Touch 2g won't restore to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xx_anj_xx, Feb 14, 2010.

1. xx_anj_xx

xx_anj_xx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod Touch, second gen., 16gig, running on 3.1.2 firmware, has been having lots of problems for awhile.

The speaker quit working most of the time (yet it works randomly when I don't need it), and it freezes when i'm not doing anything. I DID jailbreak it, but it froze while I tried to install Rock, and thats when i first put it in recovery mode. and everything has just been messing up since wayy before I tried to jailbreak it.

So, last night, I completely restored it and downloaded 3.1.3 and attempted to recover it to my iPod. It did everything fine, preparing it and everything, until the actual progress bar popped up on my iPod. Now, on iTunes, it's infinitely stuck on "waiting for iPod..". I put it into recovery mode at least 10 times since then and repeated the process, but it still got stuck on waiting for iPod. I tried the newest version of iTunes, an older version of iTunes, two different computers (one windows XP home, one Windows 7), at least four different USB ports, and 3 different USB cords (two apple original, one from a different company) and that didn't help either. I also repeated all the steps above to firmware 3.0, and 3.1.2. My iPod is about a year old and hasn't ever had this problem before.

I've looked at all forums about it and no one has been able to fix it. All they suggested was to put it into DFU mode and I've done that repeatedly since last night.

Please help. I can't afford a new one, I don't have a warranty anymore, and I don't live near an Apple Store.

Thanks in advance.
  2. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just DFU restore and stay on 3.1.2 there is no real reason to update to 3.1.3
  3. xx_anj_xx

xx_anj_xx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, but you didn't even read what I said. I tried DFU restoring to 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.0 repeatedly and it didn't work. It doesn't let me restore to ANY firmware.
  4. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    reboot computer....... reinstall isuck ?????
  5. xx_anj_xx

xx_anj_xx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been doing it for days, so the two computers i've used have been rebooted a whole bunch of times. I've gone to three different versions of itunes, and reinstalled the newest one a few times. none of that helped.
  6. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So how long did you wait for it to restore?

Did you leave it going over night?

Maybe you did not wait long enough.......?

DO YOU HAVE A DEAD BATTERY?
  7. xx_anj_xx

xx_anj_xx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I waited at least an hour. No, I didn't leave it overnight because someone said that it won't work if it doesn't work after 5 minutes, and I wasn't going to waste my time with something that probably wouldn't work. The battery is probably full since it's been constantly plugged in for about two days.

Then again, I can't be sure since all I ever see is either an apple icon or a connect to iTunes screen.
  8. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Don't know if you saw my message I sent you in a PM, but check it, I would be glad to help you over IM if at all possible.
  9. xx_anj_xx

xx_anj_xx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help but I figured out that making a new user profile worked.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

i know my method may sounds crazy. but i think it's very foolproof. well first of all don't open your itunes yet. plug in your ipod touch, put it in DFU Mode, open itunes and now it should say ur ipod is in restore mode blablabla, click ok, now what you need to do is Shift Restore to whichever firmware you wanna be on. your screen will turn white. after it has turn white, ctrl + alt + delete and close this two processes; iTunes.exe & iPodService.exe . plug out the ipod usb cable and plug it in back. now open itunes and try doing shift restore ur ipod. hopefully it works.