Ipod touch 2g won't recover

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by fritzer, Feb 22, 2009.

1. fritzer

fritzer New Member

I have a 2G and I tried to jailbreak it using this:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/...d.php?t=144041

Between step 14 and 15 it rebooted and showed up with the usb and itunes logo (hereafter, "logo") and after step 19 it also showed up with the logo. Attempts to recover the device have been unsuccessful. Three computers have been used, xp and vista and every step on the itunes support page has been covered and accounted for. 2.2.1 and 2.1.1. patches have been tried as well as regular recover.

All restores stop halfway through and reboot into logo. I am unable to recover my itouch at all. I also tried to run the jailbreak again from step one three times, no luck.

I've been looking around the internet and your forums for 9 hours now and I've decided I've reached the limit of my ability. I just want to get my regular firmware back.

Please help me out. I am sorry I already posted this thread yesterday in the 2nd Generation iPod forum, but I was hoping I would have more luck here.
  2. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    first: you didnt search at all
    second: i needed to read your post 5times before i understand it
    thrid: you fail
    4th: http://justf***inggoogleit.com

ok 1 tip
    if your restore stops halfway trough every time... look at the made firmwire

oyea; noobs use gui, spares us a lot of question
    kthxbai
  3. spazamataza

spazamataza New Member

hey man know how u feel but this is wat to do it worked for me when ur ipod is in recovery (usb into itunes logo) connect ipod to computer (keep itunes open) then open irecovery or rslite and type the following code in:

setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720x

"then"

setenv auto-boot true

"then"

saveenv

"then

fsboot

it should say ERROR then type fsboot again will say error again the just leave it for a minute u will hear your ipod beep and see the battery indicator appear then it will restart slowly so be patient and it should appear back in itunes like yourve just bought it

definitely works if done correctly
  4. fritzer

fritzer New Member

Man I can't tell you how relieved I feel. You are a legend. This worked. Thank you very much.
  5. Mannyx47

Mannyx47 New Member

I have a question, I am running on windows vista 32 bit, and I want to ask if this applies for me too, i have the same problem only i am new in this cmd stuff I learn quickly because of my studies in computer programming I am just not sure of how to do this if you can help me please I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Don't bump old topics!!!
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't listen to that tool, he has a problem with this. If there is an issue with a post it should be reported and a mod will have a chat with you. Welcome to the forum!
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What the hell is wrong with him bumping a thread if he needs help?
    At least he's not posting something stupid and bumping it for no reason.

@manny, Try doing a DFU Restore to a clean 2.2.1 firmware.
  9. Mannyx47

Mannyx47 New Member

Thanx well nothing worked really... I guess im going to have to take it to apple.