iPod Touch 2G won't charge/start, but it's in DFU mode now.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnwayne123, Jul 14, 2009.

1. johnwayne123

johnwayne123 New Member

Last night I left my iPod Touch on overnight and it's battery was drained.

However, I have turned it on and connected it to my computer and it's not charging (shows a battery with a red sliver on the left and a lightning bolt under it) nor does the computer seem to recognize it. It has worked on this computer fine before so the sudden and unexpectedness of this is quite surprising to me. After a while of showing the battery, it will switch to the apple logo and repeat this. This is a jailbroken iPod Touch that was jailbroken using QuickFreedom a while back.

I've tried putting it in DFU mode, but iTunes seems to crash everytime I open it. It does give me the prompt saying that it recognizes it's in DFU mode and needs to recover.

Tips?
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you get the prompt, just click Restore, and wait.

If it doesnt really get that far. GET TO A MAC!

Macs have more support for Apple products and this seems to work a lot.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you have a wall charger?
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IKR... i was thinking.. if you get the lightning symbol.. its charging right? lmfao
  5. johnwayne123

johnwayne123 New Member

It's not charging and my computer didn't recognize it until I put it into DFU mode. I don't have access to a wall charger and currently I don't know anyone nearby with a mac. I'm restarting my computer right now to see if it'll at least stop the freezing.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Switched computers and it's downloading the 2.2.1 software.

Glad I have access to more than one PC. I actually jailbroke this ipod on a friend's PC, Vista 64 bit, same OS as the one I'm using now. Will update once this is done, thanks

EDIT: I should also note that the display is still blank, forgot if this is normal or not but I remember it having a picture of connecting the ipod to a computer.

New Update: It's fixed. Looks like my dling on the ipod that night must've overloaded it or something.