ipod touch 2g with restoring problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by roxasian, Jun 26, 2009.

1. roxasian

roxasian New Member

Hello, I am new to this site and am in need of help of restoring my ipod touch 2g. At first, my ipod touch 2g was jailbroken on 2.2.1, then cydia started crashing (it has never done that before until today...). I saw that the 3.0 jailbreak was released, so i tried to update it straight to 3.0 to see if that would fix it (without restoring to a clean 2.2.1). When I tried updating it, it froze at the "Updating Ipod Software" part. Now I am trying to restore it back to official 2.2.1, but every time I try to restore it, Itunes would hang at the "Restoring Ipod Software" part. I have tried everything I could think of (restarting the computer, tried restoring to different firmwares, etc.).

I do not know if this has been posted before, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Oh, I'm running Itunes 8.2 by the way. As of right now, it has been hanging at the "Restoring Ipod Software" part for around 3 1/2 hours.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Have you tried DFU mode then restore?
  3. roxasian

roxasian New Member

yes, my apologies for not mentioning that.
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    make your own thread and you will get the help you need