Ipod Touch 2g Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yt22, Jan 5, 2009.

1. yt22

yt22 New Member

I got an ipod touch 2g for xmas and i want to connect it to my wifi. my wireless router, which is a siemens speedstream 6520 (Australian and uk brand), is currently set on a WPA network.

Whenever i try to connect to the network, i type in the password but the the message"unable to connect". i have typed the password in over 30 times, and checked it with other wireless devices. all my other devices connect perfectly. i have even reset the router and created a new password but to no avail.

after doing some research, i found this was a widespread problem with 2g's, but the bug was fixed in firmware 2.2 . i have this firmware but still cannot connect ><

anyone able to help me?
    cheers
  2. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

How I read it, your ipod can detect your wifi access point. You put the password in, and it connects. However a message says "unable to connect".

Try these to see if it helps:

1- Try to fully turn off your ipod (hold the sleep button for a few seconds until it prompts you to turn off by sliding it). Turn back on, see if your ipod is connected - there should be a small wifi signal image on the top left. Be patient and give it time.

2- Access your router- and see whether your router has assigned an IP address for your ipod. In my router, it's found under DHCP > Dynamic DHCP Clients List.
    If you see your ipod... check to see if it's assigned starting with 192.xxx.xxx
    If so, that's a good sign. If not.. problem

3- Instead of using WPA encryption, try two things- one is to just have no encryption purely to see if your ipod can connect. If so, then change your encryption to WEP rather than WPA.

Also, try doing a search on the forum.. I've seen users with the same problem as you. I'm sure there's an answer somewhere.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    check there's no mac filtering too.
  4. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Many people have reported this error when they use WPA security. Simply switching to WEP should resolve the problem.
    I don't understand why so many people are having this issue because it was indeed supposed to be fixed in 2.2.
  5. yt22

yt22 New Member

Thanks for all the help. ill try these suggestions and do another search. if anyone else has any other suggestions feel free to post them.

cheers.