iPod Touch 2G Weird Battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m3lz, Jul 3, 2009.

1. m3lz

m3lz New Member

I've had my 32 GB 2G touch for about a week now it's awesome BUT--I've been noticing that my battery isn't holding very much charge, for example while using an app like Stanza after say 2 hours it goes down to 20% and an hour later the whole thing dies naturally because there's no charge.

I have turned down/off the power zapper settings etc in the last day it's sort of better but last night I plugged it in at 10:30-11pm and un-plugged it because it said it was 100% charged at 1 am, and within like .5 of a second the battery was down to 90%.

What I was wondering is this normal and have other people have this same problem? Am I taking the touch off charge too soon or something for it to be doing that or is my battery messed up?
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    make sure you have no background processes by using sbsettings or force quit (as these suck the life out of your battery), and try not to use graphic/memory intensive apps to often. If that does not help then you may have a hardware problem and would need to return it to the apple store for a repair or replacement (free of charge since i assume you still have a warranty.

Please bear in mind that if you enter with a jailbroken ipod they will void your warranty so make sure you wipe all traces of it (Restoring) before you hand it in

Note: You say you have a ipt2g but your profile shows 1g, make your mind up
  3. m3lz

m3lz New Member

My bad, clicked on the wrong iPod touch, it is 2G.
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it's ok, take my advice and i hope the battery thing get's sorted out
  5. vdub19

vdub19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    seems about right 2-3 hours of heavy usage (playing a game) will completely drain the battery. If you just use it for music with headphones you will be surprised that you can get 24+ hours until it drains.

Also use the sb settings battery number instead of the regular bar, because the bar may look full and if you switch it to the number it will tell you 80% or something like that. This way you can see that it is actually charged to 100% instead of just estimating by looking at the bar.