iPod Touch 2G Water Damage.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ilkfc123, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iPod in my front pocket, went to brush my teeth, leant over. You know what happens next.

Screen is dead (touch part). Can't slide to turn power off. Power button doesn't work, only responds when I hold it down, and all it does is ask me to power off.

Home doesn't seem to work.

Occasionally lapses into a state of black screen with rainbow vertical lines.

Let it dry for 5 days, didn't do anything. (rice bag)

Time for a repair at apple shop or a new digitizer? Someone give me advice, preferrably in Australia in case there are iPod repairers around that go cheap.

Everything works now except the touchscreen. I live in Melb, so if anyone knows any 3rd party repairers, give me a shout please?
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    You kept your iPod in a bag of rice and it didn't work?

Looks like a visit to the Apple Service Provider is coming up... But I think there should be 3rd-party iPod repairers in Australia that shouldn't charge you a bomb to fix your unit... Where in OZ are you located, btw?
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's gone... You'd be better of getting a new unit tbh... repair costs will be high and probably the only thing that won't need replacing is the case and backcover...
  4. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Everything works now except the touchscreen. I live in Melb, so if anyone knows any 3rd party repairers, give me a shout please?
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dude... no hope for it. Actually... If you go to the Apple store tell them that the touch screen is not responsive (over the phone and make sure your under warranty)
  6. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do you mean? I've read that all I need is a new digitizer.

Also, apple won't accept it (even though it IS under warranty) because it has a tiny pink line marking water damage.

Should I try cotton bud + rubbing alcohol/cabbage juice/bleach?

IDK.