iPod Touch 2g wall power adapter. Do i REALLY NEED it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cOde0010Joy, May 7, 2009.

1. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    ok, so i bought a case and a screen protector already and I just want to know if getting a wall adapter for my iPod would be better. Its the only accessory which I think is lacking for me, right now. I can charge my iPod the whole day through my computer (right now, its my vacation, so I just sit in front of my computer the whole day). And just a few days after jailbreaking my iPod i noticed that the battery won't last long when using applications, (i think the music is okay) and when charging, the battery gets a little hot. So just wanna ask if buying the wall adapter be making my batter last longer and if it would be wise for me to get one?

Thanks
  2. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

no, your iPod will naturally get warm when charging, even through a USB-computer.

charging through a wall adapter does not increase/decrease battery life. To the extent of my knowledge, it doesn't even charge faster.

If you have the ability to charge your iPod off a CPU all day, then there's really no need for a wall adapter

Now if you travel frequently, then yes; a wall adapter would be a good buy
  3. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    oh i see. idk, but if i remember it correctly, the guy from the store where i bought my iPod said that the wall adapter charges the device faster than through pc.

anyways, i would like to ask how long your battery lasts when, for example, playing games, or running some quality apps, because i'm afraid mine has issues. When playing games w/ sounds and brightness below 40%, i get about 70% left in my battery for about 30 minutes or so.. which is like, shocking. movies are supposed to last 4-6 hours so i was thinking maybe somewhat within those ranges should be applicable for apps ( i know apps use more memory and do more processes so it should be more battery-draining and all..). But c'mon, lose 30% in just 30+ minutes?
  4. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

I recommend turning wifi off

>Springboard
    >Settings
    >Wifi
    >On - > Off

this helps to conserve battery life when doing just about anything

I also recommend adjusting the brightness accordingly
  5. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Sound about right, the touch battery life isn't so great when it comes to. games/videos. Make your brightness 20 percent
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    See the 'battery' link in my sig for details on how to get the most out of your battery.

A wall adapter isn't a necessity really unless you're away from your PC a lot, as previously said. It will charge up your device slightly faster as wall chargers are rated 1000 mAh while USBs are at 500 mAh, though this just means an acceleration of the early stage of the 2hr 'fast charge' as both USB and wall adapter quickly hit their similar peak pass-through charge.
  7. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yes, I turn wifi, push and ssh off when not in use. I don't even use winterboard and other personalization utilities. Nice to know your touch's drain as much as I do; although, it's not something to be happy about.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the advice, hope the 3.0 os does something 'bout this.
  8. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

9. ravynrose

ravynrose New Member

Just a little further input who did buy a charger. As I don't travel very much, it wasn't needed after all - also in comparison with the charging vs the pc. Naturally the pc's usb outdone the charging by far than the wall one. That wall charger was an absolute waste of money. Well for me anyways.