iOS 3.1 ipod touch 2g upgrading questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ReZyLo, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ReZyLo

ReZyLo New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright just have a few questions.

I have my 2g ipod touch (8gb) from back when it came out. Anyways so I jailbroke it when it was first possible with tether or w/e it was called and then updated to the one where I can turn it off and on without problem. My question is I am in firmware 2.2.1 and want to upgrade now to 3.x, I want to know whats the best new version to upgrade to (and be able to jailbreak ofc). Also I don't have a backup of my ipod so I am using SSH to backup my current songs manually its taking a while but might be worth it. I lost my backup from the ipod from long ago when I had to reinstall my computer so I have not updated it since months ago not being able to play any new games with firmware 3.0 needed and I have only been pretty much using my ipod for music.
    I think I went off track but my other question would be what version of itunes will allow me to be able to update my ipod without any trouble after I jailbreak it and also will I be able to re download all my old apps that I have bought before without the backup?

Hope you can understand what I am asking would love the help.

By upgrading I mean installing official firmware 3.something then jailbreak that.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think firmware 3.0 and 3.0.1 are the best firmwares to jailbreak with no tethers.
  3. ReZyLo

ReZyLo New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know what version of itunes would be best with 3.0.1 then? Don't wanna have issues when updating the ipod.

Also what is the newest jailbreak firmware for ipodtouch2g?
  4. Josh21227

Josh21227 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3.1.3 if you have the old 2g ipod touch (MB serial number). Not tethered.