iPod touch 2G unresponsive, not recognised, not working at all

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajwoii, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ajwoii

ajwoii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 2G, jailbroken with sn0wbreeze (iOS4). It kept crashing after I installed Infinidock so I tried restoring it again with the custom firmware but halfway through the restore it just turned itself off and the screen was black, unresponsive. When I plug it back in Windows says it does not recognise the device. None of the buttons do anything, and I can't put it in DFU mode or anything. The screen doesn't do anything, neither do any of the buttons. Even iTunes doesn't recognise it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That does not look good at all, hopefully it mite not be bricked.
    Before it stopping working, how much battery did it hav left?
  3. ajwoii

ajwoii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It was plugged in and charging on one of the main ports on my laptop. It had about 36%. I heard that iPod Touches can't be bricked, is that true?
  4. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dunno, although i hav never heard of a story of an ipod touch getting bricked but just mainly rumours.
    Maybe just leave it alone for a while on the charger, maybe it mite spring back to life.
  5. ajwoii

ajwoii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah, don't think that's the case. If the battery was dead, then at least startup would work and the red battery with a lightning bolt symbol would show up. None of the buttons are doing anything. Tried another computer as well. Problem is, I don't think Apple will fix or replace it since jailbreaking voids the warranty.
  6. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you really think its bricked or at least not going to be easily fixed by yourself and going to send off to apple probably try to damage it further, like drop it so then they will have to replace most of the inner stuff and won't even find out that its jailbroken. lol i reckon thats a bit extreme i can't think of anything else.
  7. ajwoii

ajwoii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK I found a solution - DFU mode works
    It's not actually meant to show anything on the screen, the iTunes symbol is only for Recovery mode. Use DFUhelper for a guide.