Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ipod Touch 2G touch screen problem! I got it wet and need advice!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soccerking_mike, Jan 11, 2009.

1. soccerking_mike

soccerking_mike New Member

so i washed my new ipod touch 2g on accident. and amazingly after a few days the screen turned back on. but the touch screen isnt working. its turns on great and everything but when i rub my finger across the slider nothing happens. any suggestions on how i can fix this? i cannot sync it because i have to insert my passcode and i cant use the touch screen so i technically cannot insert the passcode.

oh and i looked down the head phone jack and the wetness indicator thing is white except it has a small pink line on it near the button. if i tried to return this would they let me?

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    no they wont let you return it
    and if you restore the ipod i believe it deletes the passcode
    next time be more careful with your ipod
  3. Armageda

Armageda New Member

if they notice it has water damage, they wont give you a new one. if they don't, JACKPOT!
    in case they don't take it back, there are people who offer service... they will take apart your iPod (ouch) and fix it... ofc you'll have to pay for it, but it's better than throwing your iPod away...
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you must have short something inside that somewhat disabled the functionality of the touchscreen.
    Try an electronic repair shop. They know how to fix it.
    Btw, you have 1 in a million chances that apple will give you a new one. They will know that you soaked your ipod in the water. Goodluck with it dude.
  5. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dry it out best you can then go to the apple store, of course after praying
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah dude. Pray. lol
  7. iPwner

iPwner New Member

Poor you...I guess you couldn't send it to apple, unless you had a service plan. :(
  8. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Well first off, you messed up by trying to turn it on early after getting it wet. Now, keep it in rice for a couple days longer and see if it works properly then, DONT EVEN TOUCH IT till then. If that doesnt work, you can always try turning that indicator paper back white which is found in one of the threads, you just have to search. I would do it for you but I gotta leave right now, but if you dont find it later on tonight ill post the link for you.
  9. soccerking_mike

soccerking_mike New Member

thxs for the good advice. i cannot find the post you specified. can you please help me find it?
  10. joorowned

joorowned New Member