iPod Touch 2G thinks headphones are in (almost) ALWAYS!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alejo_2308, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Alejo_2308

Alejo_2308 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all. I am new to the forum, and have a problem with my iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Before you say anything, I did search, but nothing I found helped me. For about 2 months now, my iDevice thinks it has the headphones plugged in at all times, except on one ocassion, which I will explain later. I believe that this error also causes another problem: the device plays music by itself. It just starts a random song, and since I don't hear it because it thinks headphones are in, it consumes my battery sometimes for several hours in a row. However, I have found that the device does not detect headphones when I am setting up an alarm on the Clock app. I can hear the different alarms, and if I press the volume buttons it does not say "headphones" on top of the volume bar. However, if I go out of the alarm screen (even inside the Clock app) and press the volume buttons, the "headphones" sign appears on top of the volume bar and I can't hear anything again. Could someone help me with this???

To answer possible questions, I have tried restoring to older versions, tried cleaning the headphone jack, tried restoring from backup, tried EVERYTHING... but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone else? And how did you solve it? Suggestions

Please Register or Log in to view images

?
  2. swim_15

swim_15 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I don't know what to tell you other than see if your ipod is still under warranty - if it is don't forget to rid yourself of the jailbreak by hitting restore in itunes

What I can tell you is that the fact that the alarms play on the speaker is irrelevant, that's what it is supposed to do - (Ring)tones don't play in the earphone.
  3. Alejo_2308

Alejo_2308 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, it is not under warranty... It is about 2 years old now... Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the alarm thing, I thought it meant something. I see what you mean, I plugged in real earphones and the alarm was still on the speakers. I just hope someone can help me with the other two things...
  4. Alejo_2308

Alejo_2308 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. JailBreaker

JailBreaker Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the save problem with my old ipod touch. Whati had to do was plug in the headphones as fast as i could. Then i had to plug then out as fast as i could. I tried this a couple of times and then it started to work.
    I think there is a problem is with your ipod were you plugin your headphones.
  6. Alejo_2308

Alejo_2308 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I'll try that.

EDIT: Did not work... Even tried with a Q-Tip, and a pretty big piece of dust came out... but it still does not sound...
  7. JailBreaker

JailBreaker Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well then try to get all the dust out. But if nothing seems to work. I would just take it to best buy were they could fix it.
  8. Alejo_2308

Alejo_2308 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There could be a problem there... I don't live in the USA, I live in the Dominican Republic... Plus, I am just 15 and don't have money to get a repair :/
  9. JailBreaker

JailBreaker Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Then there is not much to do other can just leave it alone.
    I dont really use my ipod touch speakers.