Ipod touch 2g stuck on itunes screen, no backups

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slider388, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Slider388

Slider388 New Member

Hey,
    First of all, you guys have some pretty sweet forums, I've browsed them on and off, but never made an account or posted until now...

My girlfriends never-jailbroken 8gb Ipod touch 2g decided to freeze the other day. All it does now once turned on is show the apple logo and then stay on the itunes sync screen. Notifications of messages are still shown, but nothing else.
    If I plug it in to itunes, itunes says to unlock the password, which I can't do as the ipod is stuck on the sync screen. I can access the restore mode, but there are hundreds of important files on the ipod that have never been backed up on this computer (the old one suffered a fried hdd a little while ago).
    Is there any way to at least get the files off of the ipod before restoring it? I tried quite a few ipod file recovery programs, but none of them recognize the ipod when its plugged in.
    Is there anything I can do?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

well do you want fw 4.1? if so, PM me
  3. Slider388

Slider388 New Member

Well yeah but wouldnt restoring the fw remove all of the apps and files?
  4. alphonse3344

on your touch yes. itunes, no. But if 4.0 does not work anymore. you have to restore to 4.0.2 or 4.1
  5. Slider388

Slider388 New Member

yeah but the problem is that I don't have any of the files saved on itunes since the computer that everything was saved on died recently and I havent had a chance to sync the ipod to the new computer yet.
  6. alphonse3344

hm....so there is nothing on your computer of tunes that died? thats odd. Did you have important files? like documents? notes? dates? things like that?
  7. Slider388

Slider388 New Member

Nope. I had everything synced with the old computer, but the hard drive on that computer failed and I lost everything I had on the computer. I then got a new computer, but I didnt get a chance to sync the ipod to it before this happened, so now I'm stuck with an ipod that needs a fw restore but has a bunch of important files on it I really really need to try and save.
  8. alphonse3344

hm...ok. google how to reboot ipod without restoring. I'll tell you if anything comes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well...since your ipod is in recovery mode, can you try using someone else;s comp? If not, your ipod has been erased of every content. The only thing left is to do a DFU mode. Try doing that.
  9. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    um have u tried plugging it into itunes?
  10. alphonse3344

his comp blew up. lol well not blew up just died.