Ipod touch 2g stuck on apple logo screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jake0193, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Jake0193

Jake0193 New Member

I have an ipod touch 2g with 2.2.1 software that when I turn it on, the screen only shows the apple boot logo, then eventualy a spinning wheel right under it(in the middle of the screen). It will then flash a white screen and reboot to do the same thing all over till the battery runs out. My computer and itunes both recognize the ipod and i am able to sync songs, videos, etc. I can also restore and update, i can do everyhting that I could normaly do.

I have used DFU mode, and recovery mode. I have restored about 12 times, going from 2.1 to 2.2 to 2.2.1 and its still stuck on the apple logo. I know that the itrips dont charge the ipod touch and iphone but when i turn off my ipod and connect it to the itrip, it boots up to the apple logo, after the normal waiting time where it would boot up to the springboard, it boots to a black screen with the the words ipod in the left top corner, the time in the middle, and the battery in the right top corner, like it only loads the top bar and not the whole springboard. I have also let the battery completely die out, and rechrarged it, but it still dont work.

It there any way to fix this?
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    DFU restore, then send it to Apple. As long as it's a clean firmware, your warranty should still be intact.

You could wait until Wednesday and see if 3.0 fixes it.
  3. Jake0193

Jake0193 New Member

K well, i downloaded 3.0, installed it and I finally get to the lock screen and i can unlock it and see the homescreen now!

BUT, i have no sound, no clicks, no nothing, and the touchsceen is unresposive 99% of the time. I can slide to unlock(most of the time), but when i go to tap on an icon, it wont do anything. Is there any way to fix this, or should i wait for a jailbreak to come out for 3.0
  4. --Blake

--Blake New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Omfg i read what the origanal post and thats excactly what is going on with me! What should i do!!!!???!!!