iPod touch 2G stuck in recovery logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ultimahero1, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so i have a ipod touch 2g jailbroken with the 2.21 firmware and one day i download logome and choose a picture as my new boot logo then my device turns off and doesnt turn on. I then paniced so i put it in my computer and it was not recognised so i put it in dfu mode and then i ran decovery(semi tethered jailbreak boot) the screen turned white black and then white and stayed white so i paniced again and tried recovering it with itunes to 2.21 and then i turned it on after the restore and i got a usb cable pointing to itunes symbol. and it would turn off and just go back to that..

Please Register or Log in to view images

so i then paniced once again and put in dfu mode and ran decovery once again and this time it went black so i put my ipod in dfu mode and tried restoring with the old semit ethered custom firmware it turns on thank god but now i cant take it out of semitethered jailbreak stage i cant upgrade to normal 3.0 becasue when i try all i get is that recovery logo thing so can any1 help please my email is dillon1193@gmail.com
  2. yandao

yandao New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    DFU mode it, then restore to STOCK 3.0 firmware. Do not use a jailbroken firmware. Stock firmware only. Then, after you restore to the stock, it should boot up. Proceed with jailbreaking it. It also shows the iTunes logo with the USB cable cause you're not in DFU mode, you are in recovery.

EDIT: Just go to iTunes, go to your device page, and hold the shift button and press restore in iTunes. You shouldn't need DFU for that if I remember right.
  3. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i restored to 3.0 using itunes and then when it was done restoring i trun on my ipod it go to the usb cable pointing to itunes and itunes says its in recovery mode. i know that dfu mode is when the screen is black and not the usb pointing to itunes. im saying after i restore that is what happens
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the reason you had problems if i remember correctly is because logome ONLY works if you broke 2.2.1 with redsn0w 0.3

i would suggest just running redsn0w 0.3 over the top of whatever you have right now, can't hurt anything, if it don't work, do what he said ^^^

redsn0w is the bomb, respect the Dev team
    trust the Dev team, they really are that good
  5. Ultimahero1

Ultimahero1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah your right about that i tired it and when its done my ipod just goes back to the recovery logo again -.- i respect dev team but i bet even they couldnt fix this