Ipod Touch 2G stuck at recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by suleman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. suleman

suleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, Everyone Well im havign a problem with my ipod touch i tried restoring it and like the bar goes fully completed in Itunes but it still says 'Waiting for Ipod" liek it just goes forever and ever on I dont know what to do i've tried both DFU and regular mode, I've also tried restoring it with a 3.0 firmware 2G but idk still wont work any suggestions?
  2. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you sure it's a 2G?
    if it's a newer 2G it has the new boot rom.
    try restoring the ipod touch to 3G firmware 3.1.3
    and what firmware did it come with?
    a 3G has the model number starting with MC
  3. suleman

suleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ththeres liek 2 model numbers, one im guessins is the serial number right below the "8GB" and the second says A1285 or something like that, And for the record I try putting it in DFU mode, So like I connect it to itunes it tells me it needs to be restored i press Ok then i see the "Connect to itunes" on the itouch i press and hold the sleep and home button for like 8-10 seconds release the sleep button the like 4 or 5 secodns later it goes back to the apple screen..?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry its like 6:15 A.M and here I am sitting for like 6 hours now trying to fix it...lmao =/ ..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It's basically sitting there saying "Waiting for Ipod" and the bar is fully completed.