iPod Touch 2G stopped working, shows water damage but impossible

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by callum-m-r, Nov 12, 2008.

1. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Quite simply, I woke up this morning and my iPod will not turn on.
    It had full battery the day before, and holding sleep+home doesn't work, all those kinda things.

Now, the annoying part is, when I checked down the headphone jack the sensor was half white and half red. Considering it stopped working overnight on the table by my bed (which didn't' have a glass of water or anything), that's rather concerning.

Is there any point trying to make Apple believe me?
    I'm not too sure about the tissue paper trick, as it's not even dead from water damage.

Thanks in advance
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone?

If I explain (if they check) that, while the indicator is half red, the issue occured overnight nowhere near any kind of liquid, do you think they'll let me off?
    If not, what would you recommend I do?

I've heard the larger stores are more likely to replace it as they have more stock and want to keep things moving, so I'm going to try the Regent Street store (Londoner here) tomorrow.

Thanks.
  2. jackass142

jackass142 New Member

unlike you i did drop mine in water

Please Register or Log in to view images

iv got a red dot in the center of the face of the ipod (the same place as teh menu button ut other side) i am screwed! is it worth doing nothing and taking a jailbroken ipod touch 2g to the "genius" bar or just try and hope someone has a solution to this that iv missed while googling
  3. RevengeIsSweet

RevengeIsSweet Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just wondering....does the first gen have the sensor thingy???
  4. jackass142

jackass142 New Member

iv just realised thats the lights sensor

but! iv looked into it a wee bit more and the 2g ipod touch is ment to have a dot at the end of the head phone jack and if water damaged its ment to be red. well mine is a white rectsngle with two gold tabs either side, NOT EVEN PINK! help, totaly

!

also, i recon its in some kinda fail safe mode, because my ipod nano 3g indistuctable! i put it through the washing machine TWICE!
  5. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, it does