Ipod Touch 2G Shipping Delays

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sitedown, Sep 24, 2008.

1. sitedown

sitedown New Member

Well, I finally purchased my first ever Ipod... from Amazon...

The estimated ship date is Oct 7-8. Some people on the Amazon forums are talking about longer delays for the larger capacity versions. I imagine this will only get worse till the good ole' holiday season.

How about the rest of you? Any long delays (apple store buyers need not apply)?
  2. meanmaori

meanmaori New Member

im in new zealand..i purchased my 32 gig 2nd g touch on frday 12th via apple online and i recieved it tuesday 16th morning..amazingly quick and vey happy...its still not in our stores yet
  3. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well, i ordered mine from the apple store on a monday night, i recieved it 8 days later
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Lemme ask here, instead of posting a new thread.

Does Amazon have NO TAX and FREE SHIPPING when buying an iPod Touch?

Also, when could anyone expect shipping delays to diminish? 2-3 weeks is quite a stretch.
  5. OldSalt

OldSalt New Member

I ordered from the Apple store but will reply anyhow. I ordered Thursday (the 25th) and watched via the FedEx tracker as it moved from Kushan -> Shanghai -> Anchorage -> Indianapolis -> Memphis -> to the sort facility at Dulles Airport a few miles from my house by Saturday (the 27th) evening. I figure it'll be delivered Monday by the time I get home.

Ya' just can't argue against such efficiency!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got the 32Gb and figure on ordering another just like it as I expect my wife to not turn it loose once she uses it.

6. sitedown

sitedown New Member

Yes, no tax (in most states) and free super saver shipping.

Well, here's the deal. Some people are reporting that their Touch is arriving much faster than Amazon is predicting. So you may not need to wait 2-3 weeks...

Unfortunately, as the holiday season approaches, and as the Touch will undoubtedly become thee gift to give, it's availability will continue to decline. So waiting a few more weeks may actually hurt you...
  7. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same situation here, except I ordered on Sunday (21st) and it was supposed to get here the 26th, didn't, and now I'm demanding Monday or I WILL freak.
  8. OldSalt

OldSalt New Member

According to the FedEx tracking site, my iPod, which was at Dulles (and quite literally within 5 minutes of my office) has now been sent back to Memphis. Is the FedEx crew on crack or what?

9. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thats weird
  10. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I think I'm going to order one before time runs out and shipping delays occur even more.

Gotta tell my friend this as well. I want to work on being a developer.