Ipod touch 2g, screen totally blank

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by intemister, Aug 9, 2010.

1. intemister

intemister New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys. I had problems restoring, so i took it to an apple retailer. They sid it ha water damage and may or maynot be able to fix it. they couldnt. now the screen is completely blank. i restored it and i can even put music on it. but the screen is absolutely blank. is it just a usb now?
    thank you for reading (and hopefully helping)
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't know anything about water damage, but it looks like the screen is dead.. If that's the case you need to change the LCD.
  3. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it absolutely black, or can you faintly see something on the display when you hold the iPod up to a bright light or sunlight? I'm repairing a water-damaged unit right now where the display works, but the backlight coil is shot.
  4. intemister

intemister New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    we

its absolutely blank i believe, the little you hear when you connect it to the wall charger isnt there either

Please Register or Log in to view images

. it dies now after my exams are over, and i was allover using my neighbour's wifi during the exams which screwed me. God is good!
  5. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's no telling what can happen with water damage. You could try to replace the screen, but there's no guarantee that it will work. I couldn't bring the water-damaged unit back to life...

PS: freemini: The "It all happened before..." quote is a good one! Battlestar Galactica lifted it from the first line of Peter Pan, which inspired the show's creators. More generally, it is from the concept of "Eternal Return".