Ipod Touch 2G screen Lines???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mumihp, Dec 3, 2009.

1. mumihp

mumihp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, none of the post helped me so I decided to post asking for help.

I have a 2G Ipod Touch which I got like in September 09. Still under warranty like for 3 years so no probs there. Oh yeah my Ipod is jailbroken, Firmware 3.0

This problem happened in like October but got annoyed with it so I decided to post about it.

Basically I was on the the bus listerning to music, I think I pressed background icon, that erm lets you play music in the background even when your using other apps. Something happened, my ipod froze, wasn't responsive, though it was broken. I turned it off, after a few minutes it came back up. However The screen looked it bit smaller like on the side. When I was under the sun, I noticed that the screen is like normal grey when off, however on each side, there was a long green line from top to bottom which why when I turned on my ipod, screen look more narrow. And also when I view some of the pictures, like if you tilt the ipod you can seen some green line at the bottom which is wierd.

I think the background app did something so I deleted it but the problem is still there. What do you think it is, dead pixel???

One reason I haven't returned it to Argos yet, becuase it would mean I would have to restore it, delete everything. Im not sure if Argos replaces it or they send it off to the manufacture Apple. Do ipod come with manufacturer gurantee??? If so, it means my ipod may be sent of if I do give it in.

Is there any solution to this, my ipod was fine until I messed around with the backgorund app. Is this a common problem.

Thanks for anyone who can help or advice.
  2. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you can bring it straight to apple store, make and appoitment, and sort it out with them.
    i advise though to restore ipod before you bring it to them.

have you tried a restore period? could fix the problem
  3. mumihp

mumihp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I haven't tried restore mode, though I may have to. I didn't buy it from Apple store, brought it from a UK retailer store Argos. I think I might just restore it, see if the problem goes away, if not take it to the store for repair.
  4. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i bought mine from comet, but still brought it back to apple store. as long as you still have a reciept.