ipod touch 2g return to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cpeehler7, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cpeehler7

cpeehler7 New Member

I have an ipod touch 2g that is now on 4.1 software im trying to get the ipod back onto 3.1.2 software but apple has made it so difficult now that im coming to ask here.

The ipod was on 3.0 when i went to update it so i downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware off a website like i always have but when i went to update to the firmware it said the firmware was no longer supported by apple. It is the same firmware i have used on my friends 2g ipod touch 5 months earlier.

So i just updated through apple to 4.1 trying to find some other way to restore it back to 3.1.2 so i can use blackra1n on it, like i did to the last 3 devices i jailbroke. Im either looking for help getting this ipod back to 3.1.2 or if you have any type of 4.0 jailbreak that is stable and as good as the old 3.1.2 jailbreak im willing to learn how to break in the new ios.

If there are any previous threads containing info about this i would be delighted if you could post them here as well ive been searching around for hours but couldnt find exactly what i was looking to read, so much goes on in the forum

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. humanidt

humanidt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    first of all, do you have mb or mc, cuz apparently only mb can downgrade to 3.x without shsh blobs.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302275&highlight=difference recovery dfu
    try the method the threadstarter gives, if not. go to page 8. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302275&highlight=difference recovery dfu&page=8
    look at the reply by humanidt (me!) thats how i did it after getting error 3194 (without custom fw) and error 1604 (with the first method, with a downloaded fw.) iREB didn't work
    make sure you follow the instructions in sn0wbreeze if you use my method
  3. cpeehler7

cpeehler7 New Member

Sorry what do you mean by mb or mc?

i googled it and from what i understand mb is the 2g and mc is 3g? If thats correct it is a 2g ipod touch.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    on your ipod: go into settings and then general then about and find your model. the first two letters will be mb or mc. which one you have affects what you need to do
  5. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

in both case is it good to have shsh blobs saved....