iPod Touch 2g Restore Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PurpleRanger, Jul 11, 2010.

1. PurpleRanger

PurpleRanger New Member

So before I left for vacation I upgraded my iPod to ios4.0. Before I left it got stuck in safe mode 1 or 2 times so I just restored it. But it got stuck in safe mode again well I was on vacation. I now realize that this error is because the apps from my backup weren't 4.0 compatible. So I don't really remember what happened next. I believe I restored and tried to jailbreak and it might have gotten bricked. Then I got 4.0 to reinstall and tried to jailbreak which didn't work. So I kept reinstalling and trying to jailbreak. Now it's stuck in recovery mode and I can't get it out. I keep getting errors like 2009, 2005, 2003, and 1394(?). I just got it to start reinstalling 4.0 because I decided I was gonna use it a few days as regular 4.0. But when I looked at my computer it had a bsod and was making a buzzing noise. I've tried using tools like iRecovery but they don't help. I want to downgrade it to 3.1.2 but that doesn't work(I've edited my hosts file).

Any suggestions or ideas?
  2. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if youre getting error while restoring,
    try another pc/mac to restore it.
    it helped me.
  3. PurpleRanger

PurpleRanger New Member

I think I love you. I was able to put 4.0 and 3.1.2 on a usb and edit the hosts file of my Mom's computer. I downgraded to 3.1.2 quickly(on a slow computer) with no problems. ^_^ Thank you so much
  4. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    youre welcome mate ;D