Ipod Touch 2g restore error 28: I desperatly need some help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Crim150, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Crim150

Crim150 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, my iPod touch 2g running 3.1.2 is stuck on a connect to iTunes screen and when I connect it to restore I get error 28. I've tried everything I have found on the internet for the past 2 or 3 months. (I can't even remember...) Now I guess I'll list what I've tried and some details about my ipod. So far I've tried multiple regular restores, multiple DFU restores, shift-click restores trying to downgrade to 2.2.1, 3.0, all the stuff on apple support page, I tried using blackra1n, redsn0w, ifreedom, irecovery, Recboot, Ih8sn0w-iREB, and sn0wbreeze. (sorry if I spelt anything wrong, if i did you should still be able to tell what it is)I think I caused this problem because I had it jailbroken on 2.2.1 then all the stuff i got from cydia was slowing down and freezing my ipod so i decided to take it off, and I saw the new 3.0 update so I just did that. What I didn't realize was that I still had custom words at the top where it usualy says iPod. Then one day it froze while I was turning it on and went into recovery mode.
    I hope some one out there can help me, I don't have the money to get a new one or pay for a replacement from apple. (btw their phone service was 0 help, and neither was the genius bar...)

P.S: My computer is a dell laptop running XP (haha I forgot to add this and I figured it might help)
  2. ItsAirWick

ItsAirWick Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    First of all, Its because your trying to Restore your iPod Touch to an unsigned Firmware (Apple doesn't support it anymore.) The only way is to update to 4.0. Make sure your iTunes is updated to 9.2, to check if it is, go to iTunes, then to the help tab, and click "Check for Update"

If updating to 4.0 won't work, try to use a different laptop/computer with iTunes.
  3. Crim150

Crim150 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have trieed that also, my brother has a PC running Vista.
    I think I might have found a new problem but idk how to fix it. When I try to restore everything goes fine, but usually around the time when itunes says "removing software" the ipod shuts off and turns back on again with the same conect to itunes screen. I noticed this when doing a DFU restore last night, the screen went to the white screen then came on and off of that for a few seconds then it reset givvinh me error 1611.
  4. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Error 28 Is a hardware issue.
    If you do get successfully restored then it will come back to haunt you in the future.
  5. Crim150

Crim150 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    :/ even so, I would still like to fix it so I could at least use it for a little bit.