iPod Touch 2G Recovery Errors

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TweakMan, Jun 24, 2009.

1. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

Hey Guys.... Having an extremely irritating issue here, and I hope that you can offer some assistance.Before you go saying to search, I have. I have found tons, upon tons, of threads dedicated to this probelm, yet no solution in sight. So please, take a second to help a fellow fan out here.

I have an iPod Touch 2G I just traded a friend a WM Device for. When I got it, it was completley dead, and stuck on the recovery screen (iTunes/USB). Well, I plugged it in, and restored the iPod. About halfway thru the progress bar on the iPod Screen, I got an error message, 14 to be exact, and it quit. BUT THATS NOT ALL....

Afterwards, I searched for what causes this, and didn't find anything. So I simply put it in manual DFU Mode, Shift+Click Restored to Firmware 2.2.1, whatever the version iTunes had before 3.0. The second time I tried, it went thru.

Well, I watched the progress bar, and about 75% of the way thru, it quit, reset, and went to the Apple Logo screen with the spinning circle. iTunes came up and said restore was complete. However, it will not make it past the Apple Logo Screen now. When its at that screeen, it has the spinning wait icon.

I've tried everything I can think of to get it fixed. Different firmware versions, etc, with no luck. So I don't know what to do. The iPod will still communicate with my PC too, which is strange in my mind. It will even apparently let me sync it.

Also, after it sets on the apple logo screen for about 3 minutes, it resets, and starts all over. So any, any help here guys, and I'd greatly appreciate it. Not sure if this forum allows it, but If so, I'm even willing to donate 20-30 bucks to someone that can help me with this.

Thanks
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i don't think the forum allows donations but all i can recommend is trying DFU+Restore but restoring a clean 3.0 image. I think itunes 8.2 does not let you downgrade correctly.
  3. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

Well, I actually downloaded the 3.0 software from iTunes, then tried from anther site, cant mention I don't think due to rules here, but both of them downloaded funny.

Instead of the Firmware package, even from itunes, it came as a zip file with tons of different files in each. Not sure why. I've done 20 some restores, and still not luck.

In fact, my ipod is now Syncing with my PC, installing my movies, apps, etc, with no issues. But while it is doing it, it is on the Apple Logo Screen, with the loading (Spinning Logo) thing going.
  4. iPodTouchMastermind88

iPodTouchMastermind88 Banned

I know how!

Download QuickPWN 2.2
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=WYV1WECA

Click QuickPWN

It will say "Your device needs to be refreshed".

Follow the instructions.

Your iPod will restart normally.