Ipod touch 2G Pink Matrix lines screen + no boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by h1web, Jan 25, 2010.

1. h1web

h1web New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Alright I've had my Ipod touch 2G since last christmas, bought it @ target with warranty I believe and I've jailbroken awhile ago and it's been fine since then until I performed a restore to 3.1.2 about 2-3 weeks ago I believe I forget what the fw it was I know it's the newest one.

After that I did a jailbreak again using blackrain and it worked great I synced all my old music, videos, photos and apps back to it and have been using it everyday to listen to music and play games and videos and today all of a sudden while listening to music just laying down trying to relax when I changed songs it froze and rebooted and got stuck @ the apple logo with pink dotted lines running vertically down the screen in a matrix fashion which scared me.

I held power and home and rebooted and then it just showed the apple logo but with a few dotted lines next to it and one going directly through the middle of the logo vertically still looking like it split the apple in half, again rebooted and back to the matrix like lines except it changed from pink to red, did it again and it changed from red to brown then back to pink after another reboot.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've tried putting it in DFU mode and was hoping to try restoring but always get a 1604 error after it gets done preparing ipod for restore, the computer no longer recognized the ipod itself when plugged in until I put it into DFU mode and same thing with itunes it will not recognize it until it's in DFU.

I've tried using every other usb port I have 4 I've tried restarting my PC and itunes and I've updated my itunes as well still with no luck.

Here's some screens if it helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. guitarmasterboo

guitarmasterboo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have you tried restore mode?(plug into computer and hold home buttton)
  3. ryanftw00t

ryanftw00t New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    mine is stuck in recovery and does that sometimes
  4. Thejunk

Thejunk New Member

I have the same problem! Except mine was never jailbroken. I did plug it into my computer while Tap Tap Revenge 3 was playing. I talked to apple support on the phone and they couldn't figure anything out for me. Since it seems this thread is dead, I figured I'd try and revive it and see if maybe anyone could help me out.