iPod Touch 2G only charges with Apple Charger/Dock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Laser, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Laser

Laser New Member

I have a Non-Apple iPod Touch Charger and a Non-Apple iPod Touch Dock. I recently sold my iPod Touch Gen 1 to a friend to buy my new Touch, and I brought it home and plugged it into my PC to charge. It charged to about 80% and then I took it to my room and put it on my dock. A warning symbol came up (it looks like the topic's icon) and it said that "charging is not supported with this accessory". Then I plugged it into my wall charger and it displayed the same thing.
    I think apple has not allowed this new device to use anything but Apple accessories, so be warned - those of you who have older docks... they wont work on this new iPod Touch 2G.
    Hopefully this is fixable via Jailbreak, and hopefully someone will figure it out.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    pictures....
  3. Laser

Laser New Member

You cant take pictures of the lockscreen.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind, I found pictures, seems that it shows the message on the homescreen too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. JohnnyFikCock

JohnnyFikCock New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hm...i have the older Docking Station from Apple and my iPod will come in a few weeks(i hope so)
    do you think, it will not support this docking station???
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    wow.. i wonder why the f*** they did that

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. darthcees

darthcees New Member

It's not a software problem it's hardware. Apple removed the ability to charge through firewire. Now it's only through USB. My touch 2g won’t charge in my Scion xA anymore. It's all a scam to make use buy all new equipment. Now I'm stuck buying one of theses,http://scosche.com/products/productID/1667
  7. Laser

Laser New Member

Dude, that sucks, luckily for me, I bought my dock on September 2nd, so I could return it. The charger was out of warranty, but It only cost me 3 dollars so thats not a big deal.
  8. ghu55

ghu55 New Member

My 2g wont charge thru my usb hub which sucks so i hv to plug it in separatly
  9. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    hey darthcees, do you have a cable that comes out of your center console made by scion or a cable from your deck?
  10. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

ahh, that sucks, i have it rough to i have a capsule touch case and my wall charger wont go through it so every time i wall charge i have to decase