iPod Touch 2G not Charging.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shalashaska, Mar 20, 2009.

1. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

I've got my second gen. ipod touch here, and a bit of a problem. I've figured out that the problem is purely the ipod, not wires or computer or outlet or anything. I think there may be something physically wrong with the port, but visabley wrong. This is random problem,as it stopped sensing the plug 30 minutes after I saw it working. This never happened to it before. I've tried basic troubeshooting, searching for lint in the jack, etc. At this point, i've got no idea. Help?
  2. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try blowing in it a little bit, don't do it too much because of humidity. Then if this fails try a new cable. If this also fails try a different USB port. If this fails then bring it/send it to Apple.
  3. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

I've been trying it on computer and wall outlet. Blew in it and such, nothing. I can't send it to Apple. I mean...this is so very random, there has to be a reason for it. It's not the wire, it works fine on other iPod touch's.
  4. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmmm, well why can't you send it to Apple?
    Wait, does it connect to the computer at all? If not and youre jailbroken then you have a really cool looking paper weight when the battery dies.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

No, it's nearly new...Give me a reason why it would randomly do this. 30 minutes before, it was charging fine. Walked back to it and...voila... :/
  6. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if it's new, just send it back to apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, if its new send it back. I have no reason besides a hardware failure. Make sure you back it up through iTunes if you can still connect to the computer
  8. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

Meh, I told you I can't send it to Apple. Update though - I can get it to show the two pronged plug in the battery after a lot of messing around with it, but it doesn't actually charge the battery.
  9. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where did you buy it from?
  10. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

What difference does it make? I'm looking for a way to solve this problem on my own.

-Update

I got it to stay with the pronged icon in the battery picture, lock screen also shows nearly dead battery, but it is still not charging the battery.