iPod Touch 2G not booting up anymore (untethered)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tibhel, Apr 23, 2009.

1. tibhel

tibhel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi,
    I have an untethered jailbroken iPod Touch 2G (2.2.1) and it has run fine for many weeks without any problems, but suddenly now I just turned off the ipod touch normally and then I couldn't turn it on again!

It was not the battery (it was half battery left). It is untethered and I have rebooted my ipod touch 2g several times before. I tried to force boot it and many other things, but no results.

DFU mode works but I really don't won't to restore it, I have solved many big problems without restoring, so it must have an other option. Now I can't backup anything and it will take hours to get back all cydia apps back, so please don't say restore...

I tried to boot it with this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1226988&postcount=33 and it goes to white screen then black then white again then it stays in white screen. I can then turn it off to black screen.
    So it's close to a fully boot. Don't really know what to then... Maybe a flash nor only ? Any commands ? (I have a mac)

Can you guys help me boot it ?
    Thanks.
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ok download Redsn0w 0.3 beta from http://redsn0w.com and it will be a ******* file so you will need a ******* cilent or i could just edit this post and add it as a attachement and you could just download it from this post and no ******* cilent needed so once thats done you just open it and run the file called "redsn0w" and it will open a command prompt like file and have your ipod in dfu mode and and it will just start working and dont get worried when your screen flashes white,black,white,black thats good that means its working also it will disconnect and reconnect several times then just stop and their will be like a hard drive pic on your ipod touch screen and then once its done it will show the pine apple dude and when thats done it will boot and ta-dah and it doesnt delete anything and no restore needed !yay! ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻
    EDIT:EDIT:yea it does i checked the site
  3. tibhel

tibhel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thank you so much!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your quick answer and it worked !!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Do you know why all this happened ? any ideas ?

Thanks you so much again!!!

4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    edit: oops i just helped someone else with the a problem like this and i thought it was you lol but i really have no idea what happend but i have had to used redsn0w a few diffrent times to fix things
    like if i get a error in itunes and then it stays in recovery mode if i reboot still recovery mode i pull out redsn0w 0.3 and ta-dah lol
  5. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    BTW just to tell you, the script you tried to use to boot your iPod: it's for tethered versions, it's old. I'd know, I made it

6. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    lol when he said he tried to boot it with that i assumed it was for tehtered because why would you need a command script(or w/e) to power on a untethered enless it was just a experiment
  7. tibhel

tibhel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yes it was an experiment.