iOS 4.0 iPod Touch 2g Non-MC recovery loop

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pzman89, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pzman89

pzman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok guys, I updated to 4.0 today (the download straight from apple) and when it finished installing, i got stuck in the recovery loop. I tried iRecovery, to no avail. I also tried using redsn0w (the most recent beta) and it installed the jailbreak, but I am still stuck in recovery loop. (I even tried reinstalling 4.0 from within DFU mode, and it still didn't work)

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

P.S.-I am on iTunes 9.2 and Windows 7 64bit, and I also was updating from 3.1.3
  2. speedy1979

speedy1979 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am having a similar problem with my ipod touch 3g. Itunes starts restoring the ipod touch with the new 4.0 iOS but it gets stuck at about 95% or 98%. And then the progress bar stays there forever over an hour now no error messages nothing. I haven't tried jailbreaking it yet though.

I am also using Windows 7 64bit. Maybe 64bit itunes is the problem; I going to try updating with my netbook which of course uses 32bit Windows 7.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I was able to update to iOS 4.0 by booting into vista and disable Norton Internet Security.

Try disabling your firewall. That maybe the problem.
  3. pzman89

pzman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried that and even tried 32bit XP and that did not work...
  4. crony

crony New Member

What error number do you receive in iTunes? I'm in the same situation and receiving an unknown error (37). I can't find any information on that error at all.
  5. pzman89

pzman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats just it, I don't receive any error. It seems to install just fine, except that when it finishes, it goes back to the recovery screen with the iTunes icon
  6. speedy1979

speedy1979 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I doubt this will help much but maybe it'll help someone. Make sure that you uninstall wifisync before you restore. I tried everything including disabling windows firewall on my windows 7 premium netbook nothing, I tried checking the Hash number to make sure I had the correct file and that it wasn't corrupted. And then I remembered that I have wifisync installed so I uninstalled it and low and behold the restore was able to complete. No more getting stuck at 95% before hanging indefinitely.
  7. Genes1s

Genes1s Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. crony

crony New Member

Well I can roll it back to 3.1.2 almost without issue. I receive an unknown error 6 at the tail end of the restore. However, I was able to use irecovery to break out of the recovery loop.
  9. pzman89

pzman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you use iTunes 9.2 to do so or lower version?
  10. crony

crony New Member

I used 9.2 and put my iPod into DFU mode. I'm not sure if DFU mode was necessary.