iPod Touch 2G Nike+ Amp - Possible to change what the buttons do?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Miga, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Miga

Miga New Member

I was wondering if anybody here knew how to change how the Nike+ Amp works with the iPod Touch. Originally, Pressing the Play/Pause key would start and stop a workout, but I want to make it work when I don't have Nike+ running, so I can easily play/pause my songs. The remote already rewinds, fast forwards, and skips tracks just fine without Nike+, if you force quit it and use it. However, is there anything you can change around in one of the plist files or something to get the Nike+ to play/pause the song, instead of trying to start/pause a nonexistent workout?

I'm not expecting anybody to have looked into this beforehand, but if someone could look through the iPod and tell me if it's possible to change what the buttons do, that'd be awesome.

Serious answers only, please. I've looked around through the iPod, and couldn't find anything. Yet, I'm not that big of a hacker. Thanks in advance.
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

it would be even COOLER if you could use the remote all the time, as if it was a regular remote for your ipod.

unless you already CAN do that... if so, I might have to get one of those remotes.
  3. alej11

alej11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bumping this thread because for those of us who have the AMP Watch, this would be a Dream Come True!

Ive seen twitter open a garage door!
    so come on, this cant be that difficult.

someone point me to the right direction